Sunday, August 29, 2010

WRITING ABOUT ART

Reconstruction, Collage 18x24" by © Ruth Zachary
.

Writing About a Piece of Art, Assignment from the Previous Post -

.
.
Techno-Challenged.
.
To write about a piece of art
.
when viewed only as a tiny band
.
on a panoramic screen
.
is really hard. It breaks my heart
.
when a tiny streak the thickness of a hand
.
is all that shows or can be seen
.
after all the junk pre-empts the part,
.
that my collages might command,
.
but must instead be scrunched between.
.

.
So, now I am using the following poem instead. It does relate to the abstract image above, in an abstract way but isn't so much about art. Blogger keeps reformatting everything I put in, so I will try to enter it one more time, but it changes after I publish the post, and I apologize if it still isn't right, but I can't spend any more time. It doesn't recognize a paragraph (return) so that is why all the little periods to create a break. Wouldn't you know that my blog about writing would turn everything I write into a document by a seeming ignoramus?!!! The following poem was
copied in Times New Roman, regular font, and Blogger's HTML pastes it in as an italics document in a different font and size, and pastes one line over to the left of all the others. It doesn't matter if I type it in from scratch, or copy and paste. It still messes up everything.
.

.

The Spiral Path

.

Once I saw the dance of life as a journey.

It seemed an apt metaphor, because

I wanted to be on course, undeviating,

walking across a map on a path I had

plotted for myself. Even following a

a river, upstream or down provided a

similar idea, albeit more interesting, and

hinting at the unexpected events life

throws your way; interruptions, or fate?

.

Looking at the landmarks of my years,

it has not been even a voyage on the

ocean’s surface that I have undertaken.

It was more similar to a multi-dimensional

passage through space and time, where

the significant persons and events or I,

cycle, return to, and resemble other

experiences from the past, not sensed

in the sequence of occurrence.

.

It emerges as a spiritual quest, a shaman’s path.

And in the view through time, the earlier

events now take on a transparency

through an aurora borealis of vibrating

energy, absorbing new colors, and I see

it all through depths of greater meaning,

layers of significance, a galaxy spiraling

outward, a multiverse interacting with my

passage, expanding, and creating …me.

.

.

Writing and Art Images are the sole © Copyright of Ruth Zachary



No comments:

Post a Comment